192.168.l.254 Sometimes logging in to your wireless router as a local host can be pretty irritating due to the connectivity error or some different problems. I have faced it several times & even your pre-set password of the last setup of your router doesn’t rescue from the problem. Well, to solve this issue, you don’t have to be a tech geek, a little knowledge about it can easily solve such problem. So I will recommend you to go through the article point to point.
There may be many reasons why you are not being able to login, may be you have miss-entered the IP address or there may an issue associated with the route. Even the hardware connectivity problem (with the wires or Ethernet cable) can be another reason for such login failure. Let’s find out some quick fixes for such issues.
Trouble Finding the Login Page
• Hard-ware matters: Make sure your all hardware devices have been connected properly and none of them has any issue. Many times we plug in the wires or cables in the wrong block, so don’t forget to double check it and yes loose connections also arise such problems, and so do connect them properly.
There might be blockage problems sometimes, so unplugging & re-plugging the whole system can solve the issue for you. Also make sure all the blinking lights of your router giving the desired output. Changing the block of the Ethernet can also be tried as one block may stop working. If you are using desktop, 70% of the time the issue aroused due to some Ethernet problems, as normally desktop uses 2 network cards, one connection is on the mother board and another one is on-board.
192.168.1.254: IP address
• Miss-Typed IP Address: Yes I can understand, entering such long number is a hard task, but do it properly. A wrong IP address will lead you to such login errors. Mainly there are two IP address that can help you to login, 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 , try them, surely one will work for you. Make sure you are not using ‘.com’. Just simply open your browser, select on the address bar & type the digits as they are and press ‘enter’. If you still have login problem, let’s go ahead and solve other issues.
• IP Configuration May Help: Go to your command prompt. (run->cmd). And run the IPCONFIG command. It will provide you your IP address. Sometimes the computer may choose some IP address suitable for it to connect with the router.
Also check : 192.168.l.254 Router Login
So don’t skip this step
Find the IP Address:
For windows users follow the steps:
1) Go to ‘Start’.
2) Click ‘Run’ or type in the search box.
3) Write ‘cmd’ and press ‘enter’.
4) Another new window will popup. Type ‘IPCONFIG’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
Windows 8 users, press ‘X’ holding the ‘windows key’ and follow the steps from number 3 mentioned above.
After getting the required IP address tray to change it in automatic or dynamic.
If you don’t remember password for you router you can try following default combinations which are used by router manufacturer as defaults.
All D-Link routers use username: admin
D-Link DI-514 and DI-524, DI-804, DI-604, DI-704, use empty password.
All other D-Link routers use password: admin
Final Words: Above we have provided you some quick fixing steps you may try, hopefully one of them will surely click. If you are still having issues, please let us know commenting below, we will try to fix it for you!